John Lucas (24 June 1818 – 1 March 1902) was an Australian politician and a member of the New South Wales Legislative Assembly from 1860 to 1869 and 1871 to 1880 and the New South Wales Legislative Council from 1880 until his death.
He was a member for Canterbury from 1860 to 1864 and from 1871 to 1880 and a member for Hartley from 1864 to 1869.
From 1875 to 1877 he was Secretary of Mines.He was noted patron of the Jenolan Caves in the Blue Mountains where a cave and a tour have since been named in his honour.
He also maintained a holiday cottage on Lapstone Hill at the Eastern edge of the Blue Mountains.
On the original Lapstone Zig Zag a station was built for him and named Lucasville.
The remains of the station are still visible today.